Skin type: Normal to dry
Today’s review is on the VLCC Total Nourishment Fruit Cream. So let’s get right into the detailed post and see how was my experience with this one. Keep reading to find out more…
What The Brand Claims: VLCC Fruit Cream is an oil-infused Fruit Cream for better moisture retention. Its Almond Oil helps to repair dry and damaged skin with Strawberry extract for ultra glow.
Packaging: This cream comes in round, chubby plastic tub that looks beautiful and attractive. However, it feels slightly bulky to carry around! As soon as you open the top cover, there is a silver foil that needs to be removed in order to use the product. All the necessary information like MRP, ingredient list, date of manufacturing, use-before date, directions of use and net product weight are clearly spelt out.
My Experience With The Product: VLCC Total Nourishment Fruit Cream is baby pink in color and has a thick, rich and creamy texture. But as soon as you take the product out, it easily spreads on the skin. However the formula is not the easiest to work with! One does need to massage properly for a few seconds to make the product completely get absorbed. It instantly provides a dose of hydration and leaves the skin feeling soft and moisturized. Here I would also like to mention that if you apply excess product, then it leaves a greasy layer behind that feels slightly heavy.
I feel this cream is meant to be used in the winters and would work best for someone with dry to very dry skin. Now I personally love fruity scents, which was one of the reasons I bought this cream. Unfortunately, it has an artificial fruity scent that would not be liked by everyone. Thus, I would advise you to sniff it first before buying! The product is super duper affordable and can be easily found online as well as in stores.
PS: Since this cream has a rich texture, make sure to do a patch test first to see if it suits your skin.
- Beautiful and attractive packaging
- Contains the goodness of Strawberry extract, Shea Butter, Honey and Almond Oil, among others
- Thick, creamy texture
- Beautifully spreads on the skin
- Huge product quantity that goes a long way
- Ideal for winter season, would best suit dry to very dry skin
- Easily available online as well as in stores
- Super duper affordable
- The formula is not the easiest to work with
- One needs to massage properly for the cream to get completely absorbed into the skin
- If excess product is applied, it leaves a greasy layer behind and feels heavy on the skin
- Slightly bulky to carry around, some might find the tub packaging unhygienic too
- The artificial fruity fragrance would not be liked by everyone
Price: Rs 140 for 200 gm
Do I Recommend This? VLCC Total Nourishment Fruit Cream has a rich, creamy texture that is not the easiest to work with. It takes time to completely get absorbed into the skin and if excess product is applied, it leaves a greasy layer behind. Even though it makes the skin soft and moisturized, the formula is not lightweight. Also, the artificial fruity scent is quite strong and would not be liked by everyone. All in all, I would neither recommend, nor repurchase this. Disappointed!
Till next time,