Skin type: Normal to dry
I am back with another skincare review for you guys today. The product that I am reviewing is the Khadi Mauri Apricot Face Scrub. We all know that exfoliation forms a vital part of a healthy skincare regimen and it assumes even more importance during the hot humid summers. I picked this one up last month and have been using this regularly since. So in order to find out how this scrub turned out for me, please keep on reading. Let’s begin…
What The Brand Claims:
- Khadi face scrub; Herbal Ayurvedic formulation, Natural extracts used
- Removes dead skin, Apricot fades blemishes & pigmentation
- Apricot nourishes the skin, Herbal protection from dryness, itchiness & dullness. Sourced from Gramodyog; Certified Khadi product
- Revitalizes skin and promotes soft & supple skin
- Excellent for all skins, sourced from Gramodyog
Packaging: The face scrub comes in a see-through plastic bottle that is sturdy as well as travel friendly. It comes with a black flip-top cap and as you unscrew it, you will find a plastic stopper. This stopper needs to be removed in order to use the product. All the necessary information such as ingredient list, date of manufacturing, shelf-life, price, net volume as well as directions to use are clearly laid out. However, my only issue is that you do need some effort in order to squeeze the product out of the tube. Other than that, it is beautiful, hygienic as well as easy to carry around.
My Experience With The Product: The Khadi Mauri Apricot Face Scrub is a cream-based product and contains finely milled granules. It is easy to work with and spreads effortlessly on the skin. Make sure that you scrub the face gently as massaging too vigorously can harm the skin. It effectively does the job of exfoliation and gets rid of the dead skin cells, impurities as well as dullness. I loved the texture of this scrub and it feels really relaxing on the skin. However, I did not find any visible reduction in my stubborn blackheads. Once I am done massaging the face and neck, I let it stay on for about 5 minutes before rinsing off. The product easily comes out in a single go and there is absolutely no greasiness or sticky residue left behind. My skin instantly feels smooth, fresh and bright. Another thing I love about this product is that it does not leave my skin craving for moisture. However, out of habit, I still do follow up with a nourishing lotion.
Now coming to the fragrance, it has a prominent artificial scent that lingers on for some time. I am not really fond of the smell but some of you might like it. I feel this scrub would best suit those with dry to combination skin type. However, the exfoliating granules can be slightly harsh for sensitive skin. The product goes a long way and is easily available online.
A Word Of Caution: Since each skin type responds differently to different products, I suggest to do a patch test first in order to see if it suits your skin.
- Beautiful, hygienic as well as travel friendly packaging
- Smooth and creamy formula
- Exfoliates the skin effectively
- Gets rid of dead skin cells, impurities and dullness
- Provides a relaxation feeling to the skin
- Leaves the skin feeling clean, smooth and bright
- Huge product quantity that goes a long way
- Does not make the skin dry or parched
- Rinsing off is quick and easy
- Super duper affordable
- Can be easily found online
- I am not fond of the artificial scent and find it a bit too strong
- The exfoliating granules can be slightly harsh for sensitive skin
- I did not find any noticeable reduction in the stubborn blackheads
Price: Rs 150 for 210 ml
Final Thoughts: To sum up, I would say that this is a good face scrub and does what it’s supposed to do. It works effectively as an exfoliator and gets rid of dead skin cells and impurities. The skin feels clean, smooth and fresh after every use. However, I find the artificial scent a bit too strong. But at this price tag, it is literally a steal!
Till next time,