Shimmer Bricks are so in trend these days and more and more brands are coming up with their own versions of it! When I think of shimmer bricks, the first name that pops up in my head is Bobbi Brown; that sort of revolutionized the whole concept of these highlighters.
The product that I am reviewing today is the Makeup Revolution Shimmer Brick in the variant Rose Gold. This happens to be an exact same dupe of the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick, Bronze. So if you want to know how this product fared out for me, please keep on reading. Let’s begin!
What The Brand Claims: Combining the warmth from a bronzer with highlighters to give gorgeous definition to all skin tones. Either use each shade from the shimmer brick on its own, or swirl your brush round to pick up all the colors.
Packaging: The product comes in a square plastic case with a see-through cover. The cover shuts with a click which I wish was more tight and secure. No mirror or brush is provided along with the product. Overall, the packaging is simple & fuss-free, but I wish it was more solid and sturdy.
My Experience With The Product: Makeup Revolution Shimmer Brick in the shade Rose Gold contains 5 strips of colors that are absolutely stunning! I mean just look at it! It is literally love at first sight! 🙂 The texture of the highlighter is incredibly smooth and creamy. It glides on the skin like butter and is very easy to work with. It is intensely pigmented and even the slightest touch of the finger or a fan brush picks a good amount of product.
It feels extremely lightweight and is not at all chalky, powdery or gritty. It beautifully blends into the skin and gives it a lovely glow. The lasting power is also impressive as it easily stays put for 6 plus hours. Of course, you can increase the longevity by applying a primer underneath. It has never irritated my skin, nor has it ever broke me out. I feel that the colors would go well with almost all skin tones.
This is a multipurpose product that you can use as a highlighter, bronzer, blush as well as an eyeshadow.
- Shade 1: The topmost shade is a pale gold color. It is ideal for highlighting the brow bone and can also use to brighten up the inner corners of the eye.
- Shade 2: The second shade is a gorgeous Rose Gold color and my most favorite one out of all. It looks beautiful on the skin and gives it a natural healthy glow. This particular shade can also work as a blush for fair skin tones.
- Shade 3: This one is a burnt Copper hue that is super stunning! I often use it as an eye shadow too!
- Shade 4: Next is a rust-like shade and it imparts a gorgeous glow to the skin.
- Shade 5: The last shade is a bronze-brown color that can be also used for subtle contouring.
- Sivanna Shimmer Highlighter 01
- Miss Claire Shimmer Brick 01
- Buttery smooth texture
- Beautifully glides on the skin
- Very easy to work with both using fingers as well as a fan brush
- Intense pigmentation
- Blends effortlessly
- Gorgeous colors that would go well with almost all skin tones
- A little product goes a long way
- Has never broke me out or caused any irritation
- Multipurpose product that can be used as a highlighter, bronzer, blush and eye shadow
- Impressive staying power
- Complete value-for-money
- Easily available
- I wish it came along with a mirror
- The overall packaging could have been more solid and sturdy
- Contains parabens
- After a while, the shimmers tend to slightly spread around inside the case.
Price: Rs 650 for 7 gm
Do I Recommend This? Absolutely! A big yes! This is by far the best highlighter that I have ever used! It scores full points in terms of texture, pigmentation as well as lasting power. The colors are absolutely gorgeous and would suit almost all skin tones. Highly Recommended! 🙂
Till next time,